Monday, November 17, 2008

thank you mr. takashi murakami



I have been inspired by every aspect in my life by takashi murakami's work. He has been rocking the artworld since the '80s with his counter-culture japanese acidtrip pop art. His work is easily on par with some of the big players in art(ex. picasso, van gough), that inspire and will forever live in infamy. He recently created a cult following after helping out a big-name fashion house, LOUIS VUITTON doing multicolor prints, and his signature 'happy flower' painted on the classic LV brown bags. Murakami is a true innovator and still actively creating art to this day, also by expanding his brand internationally with collaborations with Kanye West, Hello Kitty and even short-length cartoons with his favorite characters. I am thrilled to say that I've been collecting samples and books on his work for years and reference them frequently when I'm searching for new inspiration for new themes to try out at work.

And because of this, I am going to permanently ink my favorite images on my leg as a constant reminder how his work has changed my life for a more creative, and brighter future!

No comments: